The Design-Build Process
Every project is unique and different! Therefore cost for each project is unique and different. Planning the work takes a great deal of time and effort. This planning is an evolved process and is paramount to specific costing and a successful remodeling job.
Design drawings and working plans accomplish many things. Drawings and information is compiled in stages. Throughout these stages, information is established and approvals are sought from the owner, building official, architectural and engineering analysis, material selections, subcontractor input and budget costing considerations.
Florida Renovators processes project plans and specifications on a contract agreement basis.
A general initial directive by the owner to the designer in writing of basic needs and desires. Examples: master bath and bedroom , kitchen addition.
- Owner’s survey (required by building official)
- Prepared site or plot plan
- As Built prepared drawings of existing conditions and structures
- Conceptual design drawings based on existing conditions plan and wish list
- Preliminary floor plan and owner’s approval
Second Stage (Working Drawings)
- Floor plans
- Elevations of the exterior (all four sides)
- Roof plans
- Interior elevations – kitchen and bath
- Structural drawings – roof framing, foundation plan, floor framing, wall section and cross section details
- Utility drawings – plumbing schematics and riser diagrams, electrical layout, riser and panel diagrams, heating and air-conditioning duct schematics
Click here for Costing information, and to recieve a free, custom quote.